A literature teacher teaches students range of literature from all over the world. Depending on the medium of instruction a literature teacher can be one who specializes in literature pertaining to different languages like for example an English Literature Teacher or Professor, a Hindi Literature teacher or Professor or a Sanskrit Literature Teacher or professor. Additionally there are scopes to become teachers who specialize in literature pertaining to foreign languages like Spanish, French or German. These teachers help the students to analyze and interpret different forms of literature like prose, poetry, novels and plays.
- - Depending on the degree a person holds he/she can be a teacher at secondary school level or at colleges and universities. They also work on literature related research or other related literary works.
- Minimum Qualification: 10+ 2 with at least 60% or more marks.
- - Excellent command over the language - Good oratory skills - In-depth knowledge of the language and its literature
Courses to be pursued
- Honors Degree in Literature
- Bachelor of Arts with major in chosen language (English
- Urdu) Arts and Humanities
- Post Graduate degree in Literature
- Master of Arts in chosen language
- Arts and Humanities
- PhD in Literature.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University Address:New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi 110067 Phone: 011-26704054, 26741236 Website: https://www.jnu.ac.in/
There are various job opportunities for a Literature teacher or professor. Teachers in schools, as professors in colleges and Universities, Research Associates, Researcher, Linguist.
- Hindu College Address: hindu College Hostel, Hindu College, University Enclave, Kamla Nagar, Delhi, 110007 Phone: 011 2766 7184 Website: www.hinducollege.ac.in/
Minari Shah works in corporate communications at Tata Motors Limited. Minari have 20 years of experience in this field. She has not only played the role of a business journalist but a also played major roles in Corporate communication and film writing.
Paroma Roy Chowdhury
Paroma Roy Chowdhury was earlier a journalist later she changed her field and started working as a communications professional. She is an expert in management, executive branding, crisis communication and advocacy.