- - - Larger mineral companies tend to provide the most well-structured career development programs and offer more opportunities for promotion. - Career development varies widely within the field as a whole. - Mineral engineers who stay in the UK may work in office-based roles - Opportunities can lead to additional managerial and strategic responsibilities in the International mining companies. Others may progress into working in mining finance or working on a consultancy basis for mining companies. - Qualified mineral engineers also progress into roles within quarry management - IT and construction.
- - Class 10th Pass - Class 10+2 with Science Stream
- - Team work skills and the ability to manage and motivate people - Project management skills - Analytical and problem-solving skills - Communication and presentation skills - Time management and planning skills - Ability to prioritize your workload - Financial and budgeting skills - A good knowledge of IT and specialist software - A willingness to travel and spend time away from home - An outgoing and self-reliant nature
Courses to be pursued
- - BE/ME(Hons) (Mining Engineering) - B.tech/M.tech (Mining Engineering)
- ISM,Dhanbad Address: Sardar Patel Nagar, Dhanbad, Jharkhand 826004 Phone: 0326 223 5004 Website: http://www.iitism.ac.in/
- Mineral engineers may work in offices, laboratories or on mine sites. - Depending on the type of mine, those who work on-site may work outside in most weather conditions or underground in enclosed and cramped spaces. - For work, many mineral engineers work for large, global companies and may be required to travel overseas.
- Hindustan Copper Limited Address: 2th Floor, North Tower, Core 2, Scope Minar, Dist Centre, Laxmi Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110092 Phone: 011 2244 8036 Website: http://www.hindustancopper.com/