The work of the physicist is to research physical phenomena, plan hypotheses, conduct experiments and draw experimental data to explain the world around us.
Physicists research physical phenomena, devise hypotheses, conduct experiments and draw conclusions from experimental data to explain the world around us. Physicist person can work in applied or theoretical physic which is based on their skill set and available career opportunities.
- - - Government research organization and industry. - Aerospace and defense - Education - Energy - Engineering - Instrumentation - Manufacturing - Oil and gas - Science and telecommunications - Environmental industry - Financial services - Legal sector - Transport and utilities
- - Class 10th Pass - Class 10+2 with Science Stream
- - An enquiring mind. - The ability to think clearly and logically
- with good problem solving skills. - A methodical approach to work
- with a high level of accuracy. - Excellent communication and presentation skills. - An excellent understanding of statistics and relevant computer packages.
Courses to be pursued
- - B.Sc (Physics) - Master of Physics (MPhys) - Master of Science (Physics) - Ph.D. (Physics)
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai Address: Homi Bhabha Road, Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400005 Phone: 022 2278 2000 Website: http://www.tifr.res.in/
- Physicists often work regular hours in laboratories and offices. - They may have a long or irregular working hours.
- IBM India Private Limited Address: Manyata Embassy Business Park (MEBP), Thanisandra, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560045 Phone: 093600 17009 Website: https://www.ibm.com/in-en/