Psychology is the study of human mind and behaviour. Psychologist is the person who studies the reactions, emotions and behaviours of a person and apply their understanding of that behaviour to treat the problems associated with it.
- - - Mental Health Counsellors - Family Therapist - Career Counsellor - Sociologist - Social Worker - Survey researcher - Substance abuse Counsellor
- - 10+2, preferably with Psychology as one of the subjects - Bachelor (BA or BS) in Psychology degree - Specialization at the postgraduate level, where one can get an M.A. or M.Sc. in either Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling - Further specialization at the doctoral level is available as well via PhD or M.Phil
- - A very analytical mind for diagnosis - Excellent communication skills to effectively counsel patients who suffer from mental/behavioral issues - A lot of patience
- which grants the psychologist the ability to remain cool under pressure when dealing with a particularly difficult case or a challenging patient - A genuine passion for helping people overcome their own mental/behavioral challenges - Compassion combined with drive are the two most important personality traits in a psychologist
Courses to be pursued
- - BA/BS in Psychology
- or in a related field (like Education or Social Work) - Graduate (Bachelors) degree programs are 3 years long
- Postgraduate (Masters) degree programs are 2 years long - Doctoral (MPhil or PhD) programs are 2 years long (can extend depending on research and studies involved)
- University of Rajasthan Address: JLN Marg Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004 Phone: 911412711070 Website: www.uniraj.ernet.in
Some psychologists work independently, conducting research, consulting with clients, or working with patients. Others work as part of a healthcare team, collaborating with physicians and social workers or in school settings, working with students, teachers, parents, and other educators. Those in private practice often work evenings and weekends to accommodate clients.
- A Beautiful Mind Clinic Address: Janakpuri, Delhi 110058 Phone: 09911749320 Website: www.abeautifulmindclinic.com
Chetan Bhagat is a versatile personality as he is an Indian Author, a columnist, screenwriter, television personality and motivational speaker. He is the writer of various Novels like Half Girlfriend, One Night At The Call Centre etc. Chetan Bhagat was an IITian but currently he writes columns for Times of India and Dainik Bhaskar.
Twinkle Khanna is the wife of Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar and also she is an Indian author, newspaper columnist, film producer, former film actress and interior designer. Her First Book Mr. Funny Bones was amongst the best seller and the second, The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad in was also a hit. Along with novels Twinkle also writes Columns.