A Radio Jockey (short form RJ) is a person who hosts a show on radio. His day-to-day responsibilities includes reading the scripts, managing the songs and the ads, raising topic of concern, addressing listeners, design interesting topics to talk about, interact with listeners etc.
- - - Work in organizations like AIR (All India Radio)
- - Times FM
- - Radio Mid-Day and other independent radio stations. - The two options for entering into this field are by audition or by approaching a software producing company.
- - Education qualification 10+2
- - Clear diction - Accurate pronunciation - Flare and fluency in the language - Speed of response - Good sense of humour - Individuality - Creativity of mind - Spontaneity - Intensive knowledge of music
Courses to be pursued
- - Diploma in Radio Programming and Broadcast Management (One Year) - Diploma in Radio Production and Radio Jockeying (One Year) - Certificate Course in Radio Jockeying (One Year)
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Delhi Address: Aruna Asif Ali Road, JNU New Campus, New Delhi, Delhi 110075 Phone: 011 2674 2920 Website: http://www.iimc.nic.in/
Radio Jockeys get an opportunity to work in studio. The working hours for RJs can be very long and also during odd hours of day/night.
- Red FM Address: D45, Sector - 2, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301 Phone: 0120 393 5935 Website: https://www.redfmindia.in/delhi