There are a lot of chords to play on a guitar but few are the most important ones let’s see how they can be used:
- Plan before playing- How many chords you can practice in a week that depends on your interest and ability to do it. So, for that you have to plan out it well how you want to learn.
- Take guidance- A guitar teacher will teach you the best way to learn about chord which you won’t be able to find in any book. If you want to progress from the basic chords, look for the chords dictionary, there you will find all kind of chords.
- How chords are written- Chord charts are the most important and useful way to learn chords of guitar. The visual representation of guitar neck gives information about how chord are written.
- Open Chords are easier- In this one or more than one string can be played openly. Don’t push all the notes because it gets easier to get a clear sound as it opposes to chords with no open strings.
- Decide what kind of music you want to play- As we know there are so many kinds of music and they are played in very different manner such as folk, pop and rock will be play with open chords whereas, jazz and progressive rock require needs extended chords.
- Practice correctly- Just putting finger at the right place does not mean that the sound will be good that comes with the practice only
- Theoretical knowledge is important- Knowing about how chords are made and about the material is used gives a lot of ideas while playing.
By: Srishti Sharma