The small insight in these five things will be a delight for all cricket- fans. Cricket – lovers knew almost everything from top to bottom. There are still some trivial things one might not be aware of. Get a look at it and you will be amazed.
- Test Cricket history revealed that only four five match series have ended with 0-0. India played three of these series out of which two were pitted against Pakistan.
- After the first drafting of cricket laws, cricket witnessed several rule changes but the only thing that remained unchanged for centuries was length of the pitch. It remained the same 22 yards all these years.
- The term “wicket” is derived from the wicket word which means a small opening or a gate. This is because initially wickets had only two stumps and one bail which somewhat resembles a gate.
- First time usage of A Third Umpire was done during India’s 1991-92 tour of South Africa in International Cricket. The first batsman to put on a TV replay was Sachin Tendulkar where third umpire decided to run out him.
- The first man to wear a helmet in a test match was Victorian batsman Graham Yallop in 1978 who was also an Australian captain on few occasions.
By: Bhavna Sharma