People who are very passionate about the cars, they can opt this as a career. But they also should have understanding of mathematics, electronics and mechanics.
- Employment opportunities in Private
National and Multinational Automobile Companies
- Service Stations
- Private Transport Companies
- Defense Services
- Self Employment by setting up Automobile Garage or Maintenance Workshop.
- Class 10th Pass - Class 10+2 with Science Stream
- A creative approach to solving problems. - Excellent maths and IT skills. - The ability to analyse and interpret data. - Excellent technical knowledge. - Good communication and presentation skills. - The ability to prioritize and plan well. - The ability to work to budgets and deadlines.
Courses to be pursued
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- B.E. / B.Tech. in Automotive Engineering
- M.E. / M.Tech in Automotive Engineering
National Institute of Technology, Raipur
Address: NIT Raipur, G.E Road, Raipur, Chhattisgarh- 492001
Phone No.: 077122 54200
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Address: Hauz Khas, New Delhi- 110016
Phone No.: 011 2659 7135
- Work varying hours per week depending on the amount of work .
- May even be required to work overtime if there are some outstanding deadlines or emergencies.
- They spend a lot of time in front of a computer on their desks.
- When they are not doing research in their office, they are at plants monitoring the manufacturing of the automobiles they planned and their testing.
Address: Vatika Mindscapes, Sector 37, Faridabad, 121003
Phone: 0129 662 0944
Address: Ashok Leyland Limited
1, Sardar Patel Road, Guindy
Chennai - 600 032
Phone: +91 44 2220 6000
He is an American car racer who designed the first Chevrolet automobile. And he also founded the ‘Frontenac Motor Corporation’. He learned the basics skills of mechanics from his father. In his teenage life he used to build, repair and race bicycles.
Henry Ford was an industrialist who founded the Ford Motor Company. He also played a major role in the development of the assembly line technique of mass production. He is the one who revolutionized the automobile industry by developing the affordable automobiles.