Dietitian or Dietician is someone who is an expert in human nutrition and diet regulations. A dietician is the person who prescribes or regulates intake of food or certain food depending upon the medical or physical condition of a person’s body. Dietetics is a part of healthcare and hence Dietitians are qualified healthcare professionals who have valid licenses to asses, diagnose and prescribe to treat human nutritional problems. Dietitians don’t just assess sick people but they also help people adhere to healthy eating practices.
- Food and Nutrition Management
- Public Health Nutrition
- Education and Research
- Consultant/Private Practice
- Related Health Professionals Business and Industry
10+ 2 preferably in Science Stream with 70% marks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - Excellent skills to promote healthy eating - Organizational skills - Research Translation
Courses to be pursued
- Apart from the top Medical colleges there are many other colleges offering courses in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- A.I.I.H.P.H. Examination or All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health
- I.G.N.O.U. Master of Science in Dietetics and Food Service Management Nutritional Biochemistry Examination
- M.Sc. in Dietetics Entrance Examination of Annamalai University
- Master of Science in Dietetics and Applied Nutrition Entrance Examination of Manipal University
- Master of Science in Dietetics Entrance Examination of University of Kerala
- M.Sc. in Dietetics and Food Service Management Entrance Examination of Mangalore University
- S.N.D.T. Women’s University Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics Entrance Examination
- University of Mumbai Master of Science in Dietetics Entrance Examination
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Address: Ansari Nagar, New Delhi - 110029
Phone: +91-11-26588500 / 26588700
Christian Medical College
Address: Ida Scudder Road,Vellore
Tamil Nadu 632004
Phone: 0416-2281000, 3070000
A dietitian assists people, facing problems like obesity, diabetes, mental disorders, increased cholesterol level, arthritis etc. Also, to look after a patient’s dietary requirements, nutritional counselor’s primary job duties may include physical assessment by examining body mass index, height and weight. Other job responsibilities performed by a dietitian include community assessment, suggesting remedial procedures, implementing food service policies in clinical departments and food manufacturing organizations.
Dr Shikha's NutriHealth
Address: 227, First Floor, Okhla Phase III, Okhla Industrial Area, Delhi 110020
Phone: 011 4666 6000
IDK Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Address: #425 DLF Tower B, Jasola District Center, Delhi 110025
Phone: 011 4167 2515
Raksha Changappa is a Bangalore based Indian dietitian plus nutritionist who is also a published nutrition author, nutrition panellist and adding to her cart she is also a dietitian who has been honored with various awards and accolades in India. She is specialist in disorders like systemic lupus, obesity and diabetes mellitus.
The founder of Whole Foods, Ishi Khosla is your go to person for all the nutrition needs. She belongs to Delhi and suffered from obesity and that is when she started applying self-devised weight loss measures on herself to slim her down. She holds an advanced degree from Lady Irwin College in Food and Nutrition.