Environmental science is the field of science which studies the interactions and relationships of the physical, biological, and chemical components of the environment and also the effects of these components with the organisms in the environment.
- Environmental engineering technicians.
- Environmental scientists and specialists
- Environmental science teachers
- Class 10th Pass - Class 10+2 with Science Stream
- Ability to work with a team - Communication and quantitative skills - Critical thinking & problem solving - Detail-oriented - Inquisitive - Interpersonal skills - Integration and application of knowledge - Observational and investigative skills - Physical stamina for fieldwork - Professional values & ethics - Understanding of relationships
interactions and patterns
Courses to be pursued
- B.Sc. /M.Sc. (Environmental Sciences)
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. (Microbiology)
- B.Sc. /M.Sc. (Geosciences)
- B.tech/ M.Tech in Environmental Engineering
- Specialized Courses in Hydrology and Waste Management
- PhD. (In Environmental Sciences or other related fields)
Agasti Arts,Commerce and Dadasaheb Rupwate Science College
Address: Kolhar Ghoti Road, Akole, Maharashtra- 422601
Phone no.: 02424 221 248
Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya
Address: Haripur Kalan, Haridwar, Uttarakhand-249411
Phone no.: 01334 261 367
- Environmental scientists and specialists work in offices and laboratories.
- Some may spend time in the field gathering data and monitoring environmental conditions firsthand.
- Most environmental scientists and specialists work full time.
Aastha Enviro Systems Pvt Ltd
Address: No.37-A, Ground Floor, Mayur Vihar, Opp. Jeevan Anmol Hospital, Phase -I,, Pratap Nagar, New Delhi-110091
Phone no.: 011 2279 1211
Website : http://www.aasthaenviro.com/
Centre for Science and Environment
Address: 41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, Vayusenabad, Near Batra Hospital, New Delhi-110062 Phone: 011 2995 5125
Anadish Kumar Pal who born on 1963. He is an Indian inventor, poet, and environmentalist. He obtained ten United States patents. A very significant patent issued in 2009 for an electromagnetically controlled and fuel-efficient internal combustion engine which is titled, "Relaying piston multi use valve-less electromagnetically controlled energy conversion devices".
Chandi Prasad Bhatt
Chandi Prasad Bhatt , who born on 1934. He is an Indian Gandhian environmentalist and social activist. In 1964 he founded Dasholi Gram Swarajya Sangh (DGSS) in Gopeshwar, which later became a mother-organization to the Chipko Movement. he was one of the pioneers of this movement. In 1982,he was awarded the Ramon Magsaysay Award for Community Leadership which was followed by the Padma Bhushan award in 2005. He is one of India's first modern environmentalists. In 2013, he received Gandhi Peace Prize.