Fashion Designing is a technical and yet a creative field that is dedicated to designing aesthetic clothing and accessories. It is a course designed to teach students not just designing a garment but understanding fabric, colors, and trends. Fashion Designing is dynamic in nature as the concept of fashion is ever changing.
- Fashion Designer
- Apparel Manufacturing and Merchandising
- Brand Manager
- Home Décor Designing
Minimum Qualification is 10+2 with at least 60% marks.
- A creative bent of mind - Good hand at drawing and painting is a great plus point - Computer skills - Good idea of sewing and knitting
Courses to be pursued
- Diploma in Fashion Design
- PGD in Fashion Design
- Diploma in Fashion Designing and Garment Technology
- UG Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Certificate in Fashion Designing
- Undergraduate Program in Fashion Design
- Diploma in Fashion Design & Merchandising
- Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design
- Diploma in Fashion and Apparel Design
National Institute of Design
Address: Paldi Ahmedabad 380 007
Phone:+91 79 2662 9500 /2662 9600
National Institute of Fashion Technology
Address: Hauz Khas, Near Gulmohar Park New Delhi India 110016
The working conditions depend upon the type of designing on is performing. As designers can be employed by major corporations, manufacturers, design firms or themselves, it is impossible to pin down a "typical" working condition.
Arjun Khanna Couture Pvt Ltd
Address: 441B The Oshiwara Industrial Center Corrode Opp Goregaon Bus Depot Mumbai Maharashtra 400104
House of Masaba
Address: F-146 A First Floor Ambience Mall Ambience Island Gurugram Haryana 122002
Phone: 0124466 5323
Masaba is a leading fashion designer and her flamboyant style can be defined as a blend of contemporary and traditional with modernity taking the upper hand and her style is actually bold and creative in nature.
Manish Malhotra is an Indian fashion designer who often works with Hindi cinema actresses. He launched his label in 2005. In 2014, his label marked a turnover of over INR 1 Billion (USD 15 Million). Manish Malhotra started his career as a model, while studying at the Elphinstone College. Failure as a model led him to clothes, costumes and art.