Forest and Wildlife Management
Forest and wildlife management is an occupation that deals with protecting endangered and threatened species and subspecies and their habitats, as well as the non-threatened agricultural animals and game species.
- Wildlife Biologist
- Fisheries and Wildlife Technician
- Natural Resource Specialist
- Disaster Response Environmental Specialists
- Habitat Biologist
12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- Time Management Skills - Action Adjustment - Logical reasoning - Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems - Knowledge/ understanding of new techniques - Using mathematics to solve problems - Talking to others to convey information effectively. - Determination towards work
Courses to be pursued
- Diploma in Wildlife management techniques
- Diploma in Fish pond management
- Diploma in Habitat manipulation
- Diploma in Mammalogy
- Diploma in Dendrology
Wildlife Institute of India
Address: Chandrabani, Mehu Wala Mafi, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001
Phone: 0135 264 0115
Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education
Address: Forest Research Institute, Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
Phone: 0135 222 4848
Forest and wildlife managers work in offices, classrooms, laboratories or the outdoors for the government, universities, conservation organizations and the private sector. Most positions are full-time and may include fieldwork in remote, physically demanding locations, such as extremely hot or cold climates.
Forest Research Institute,
Address: P.O. New Forest- Dehradun (India)
Phone : (+91 135-2755277)
Wagner Forest Management
Address: 150 Orford Rd, Lyme, NH 03768, USA
Phone: +1 603-795-2002
Jadav "Molai" Payeng
Padma Shri Jadav "Molai" Payeng (born 1963) is a Mishing tribe environmental activist and forestry worker from Jorhat, India. Over the course of several decades, he planted and tended trees on a sandbar of the river Brahmaputra turning it into a forest reserve.
Kallen Pokkudan is considered an iconic figure in the field of environmental conservation. The environmental activist and author is known for his work for the protection, conservation and proliferation of mangroves in Kerala since the 1980s. He has planted over one lakh mangrove saplings across the state in almost three decades.