Geologists are the professionals who study about the science of earth called geology. Geology is basically the study of solid earth, the rocks of which it is composed and the processes through which they change.
- Engineering geologist
- Geophysicist/field seismologist
- Wellsite geologist
12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- Ability to visualize in 3 dimensions and sometimes 4 even. - Willingness to subject their work to criticism and alternative ideas. - Ability to succinctly communicate the essence of their ideas. - An appreciation and curiosity about the business and engineering aspects of their industry. - Strong motivation and work ethic driven by scientific curiosity.
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Geology
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Geology
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Geology
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Geology
- Master of Science (Hons.) in Geology
- Master of Technology in Geology
Address: Kamarajar Salai Road, PWD Estate, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005
Phone: 044 2854 4894
Government College, Kasaragod
Address: Vidyanagar - Uliyathadka Rd, Kasaragod, Kerala 671123
Phone: 04994 256 027
Geologists often work for the mining industry, oil, gas and petroleum companies, environmental consultancies and civil engineering firms. They can be hired on a contract basis or hold permanent positions within private companies.
Anlage Infotech India Private Limited
Address: 175 B SDF VI SEZ, Santacruz Electronic Export Processing Zone,
Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400096
New Era India Consultancy Pvt Ltd
Address: Indore Plot No: 246, 2nd Floor, Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase 3, New Delhi, Delhi 110020
Iain Simpson Stewart
Iain Simpson Stewart is a scottish geologist and afellow of the Geological Society of London and his main contribution and research interests are in the area of Earth Hazards and natural disasters and also identifying natural disasters, tsunamis etc.
G. Brent Dalrymple
G. Brent Dalrymple is an American geologist who is the author of The Age of the Earth and Ancient Earth and he is the recipient of the National Medal of Science award.