These are the therapist who treat injured, disabled or ill patients through their therapeutic skills which used in their daily activities.
- Art therapist
- Dance movement psychotherapist
- Health promotion specialist
- High intensity therapist
- Occupational therapist
- Sports therapist
- Class 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Communication skills - Compassion - Flexibility - Interpersonal skills - Patience - Writing skills
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT)
- Master’s in Occupational Therapy (MOT)
National Institute for the Orthopaedically Handicapped
(Under Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India)
Address: B.T. Road, Bon-Hoogly,
Calcutta - 700 090, India
Phone: 033 2531 0279
All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Address: Haji Ali, K. Khadye Marg, Mahalaxmi,
India - 400034
Phone: 91-22-24964331 / 32 / 40 / 41
- Therapists may spend a lot of time on their feet while working with patients.
- They also may be required to lift and move patients or heavy equipment.
- Many work in multiple facilities and have to travel from one job to another.
Christian Medical College & Hospital
Address: IDA Scudder Rd, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632004
Phone: 0416 228 2500
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
Address: Rao Saheb Achutrao, Patwardhan Marg, Four Bunglows, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053
Phone: 022 3099 9999
Anne G. Fisher
Anne G. Fisher is an expert in theory, instrument development, and functional assessment. She is Internationally recognized personality who pioneered the use of Rasch analysis in occupational therapy.
Lucy Jane Miller
Lucy Jane Miller is a prolific author and researcher in pediatric occupational therapy and founded the first comprehensive sensory processing disorder research program.