Petroleum Engineers are the one who develop and design methods or find new ways to extract oil and gas from the deposits which is below the earth’s surface.
- Entry-level engineers are usually work under the supervision of experienced engineers.
- Petroleum engineers may advance to supervise a team of engineers and technicians. Some become engineering managers or move into other managerial positions.
- Petroleum engineers also may go into sales and use their engineering background to inform the discussion of a product's technical aspects with potential buyers and help in product planning.
- Class 10th Pass - Class 10+2 with Science Stream
- Should have analytical skills in petroleum engineers. - Petroleum engineers should have the creativity so that to come up with the new ways to extract oil and gas. - Should have interpersonal skills. - Petroleum engineers should have the knowledge of math. -Problem-solving skills.
Courses to be pursued
- B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering with Specialization in Gas
- B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering with Specialization in Upstream
- B.Tech Chemical Engineering with Specialization in Refining & Petrochemicals
- M.Tech Petroleum Engineering
- PhD Petroleum Engineering
Address: Sardar Patel Nagar, Dhanbad, Jharkhand 826004
Phone: 0326 223 5004
Address: IIT Area, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400076
Phone: 022 2572 2545
- Work in the offices of petroleum mining companies or they may work on petroleum mining rigs.
- Those who are working in offices usually work on regular hours but may be expected to work longer hours (If necessary).
Address: GAIL Corporate Office:
GAIL Bhawan, 16 Bhikaji Cama Place,
R K Puram, New Delhi - 110066
Phone: 011-26172580, 26182956
Hindustan Petroleum Corp Limited
Address: HPCL, Delhi Retail RO, 6th and 7th Floor, Core - II, North Tower,Scope Minar, Dist.Centre, Laxmi Nagar , Delhi , Delhi , Delhi , 110092
Phone: 011 - 22010615
Mrinal Madhav is an assistant director in international co-operation. His main role is petroleum planning and analysis cell. He is also in Union Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Linda Cook is the Executive Director of Gas Power, Managing Director of Royal Dutch and Chief Executive Officer of Shell Gas Power. She is a BS Petroleum Engineering graduate from University of Kansas.