A statistician is a person who works with figures and analyzes various data and then come up with a report contributing in various sectors like Research & Development, Marketing etc. They also work along with theorotical and applied statistics.
- Statistian in Public Sector
- Accountant in Financial Institutes
- Indian Statistical Services
- Commercial Broker
- Industrial and Office Broker
Minimum 10+2 with Commerce and Maths
- mathematical ability and computer literacy - a clear understanding of statistical terms and concepts - analytical skills - written and oral communication skills - problem solving skills - the ability to communicate results and findings to non-statisticians - the ability to influence others
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Statistics
- Bachelor in Statistics
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Statistics
- Master of Arts in Statistics
- Master in Statistics
- Master of Science (Hons) in Statistics
Indian Statistical Institute
Address: 8th Mile, Mysore Road,
R.V.College Post, Bangalore 560059
St. Stephen’s College
Address: University Enclave, North Campus, Delhi 110007
The person most possesses best interpersonal skills to be able to gain confidence of people and make them buy their property.Statisticians usually work in air-conditioned offices and work normal 9 to 5 business hours. Although, some statisticians must work extra hours to meet deadlines. Statisticians do have to travel at times for the purpose of supervising research projects, distributing surveys and collecting data.
State Bank of India
Address: Jai Singh Marg, Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001
Phone: 1800 425 3800
Address: Google India Pvt. Ltd, No. 3, RMZ Infinity – Tower E, Old Madras Road, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Floors, Bangalore 560016
Phone: +91 80 67218000
Jayant Kumar Ghosh
Jayant Kumar Ghosh did his B.S from Presidency College which was then affiliated with the University of Calcutta. Adding to it, his educational qualifications also consists of an M.A and Ph.D. from the University of Calcutta.
Kantilal Mardia is specialized in directional statistics, multivariate analysis, geostatistics, statistical bioinformatics and statistical shape analysis. He majorly gained popularity when he began with a series of tests of multivariate normality based measures of multivariate skewness and kurtosis.