A Veterinarian is a professional who treats diseases, disorders and injuries in animals. In easy language, we can say a veterinarian is a doctor for animals. Usually they are called vets who diagnose illness and perform medical treatments to animals. The medicines they provide are known as veterinary medicines.
- Veterinarian Assistant
- Veterinarian Technician
- Veterinary Physician
- Veterinarian Food Inspection Specialist
- Associate Veterinarian
- Veterinary Surgeon
- Veterinary Pharmacologist
- Veterinary Epidemiologist
- Veterinary Neurologist
- Veterinary Dermatologist
- 10th and 12th (Medical Stream) - Opt for a college offering bachelor's degrees zoology, molecular biology, chemistry, animal science and biochemistry
- Communication Skills - Empathy Skills - Time Management - Technical Skills - Passion for Animals
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (BV.Sc & AH) - 5 years
- BV.Sc in Animal Genetics and Breeding
- BV. Sc in Animal Production & Management
- BV.Sc in Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
- BV.Sc in Veterinary Medicine
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University
Address: Prakasam Nagar Colony, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh - 517502
Phone: 0877 224 9932
College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
Address: Anjora Village, Near Shivnadh River, Durg, Chhattisgarh - 491001
Phone: 0788 262 3326
Veterinarians when practicing clinically or privately often work long hours in a noisy environment. Sometimes they have to deal with emotional or demanding pet owners. Veterinarians risk of being bitten, kicked or scratched by the animals and they also have to work with them when they are frightened or in pain. They work outdoors in all types of weather and perform surgery under unsanitary conditions.
Address: A Unit Of CGS Charitable Trust
S-25, Site No. 2204,
Phone: 0124 - 4115580
Address: 265 SP, Sector-38, Gurugram
Harry Leonard Cooper
Harry Leonard Cooper is an Australian Veterinarian who was a resident vet on a series called Burke’s Backyard. He also presents his segment on Better Homes and Harry’s Practice and adding to it he is also a public speaker and animal welfare advocate.
Robert Cook is a noted veterinarian in equine health. He is mainly focused to diseases like horse’s mouth, ear, nose and throat and he is also been published in various scientific and horse journals.