The job of a flight attendant is full of adventure, fascination, glamour and spontaneity. They are the face of the respective airlines and have to ensure the overall safety and comfortability of passengers. Flight attendants comprises of cabin crews also known as stewards, air hostess and cabin attendants.
- Cabin crews
- Air hostess
- Customer Service Representatives
- EMTs and Paramedics
- Food and Beverage Serving and Related Workers
- Retail Sales Workers
- Waiters and Waitresses
- High school diploma - Completion of training through designated airline - Certification through Federal Aviation Administration or National Transportation Safety Board Medical screening and background check
Well versed and possessing good communication skills
Presence of mind and strong decision making skills and physical stamina.
Courses to be pursued
- High school diploma or equivalent; certification by the Federal Aviation Administration
- Airlines also provide 3-6 months training
- Postgraduate Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Services
- Postgraduate Diploma in Airport Ground Services
- Postgraduate Diploma in Aviation
CR Aviation Academy, Delhi
Address: C-74, Tanwar Market, Rajpur Extension, Chattarpur Extension, New Delhi 110068
Phone: 011 6580 8097
Flying Cats - Airhostess Training
Address: 230/B, 3rd Floor, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Rd, Sreepally, Bhowanipore, Kolkata, West Bengal 700020
Phone: 033 2290 5456
Working conditions include long duty hour that may extend upto 12-14 hours shift, working on weekends and working in odd timings or flexible timings.
Address: Air India Limited Airlines House, 113, Gurudwara Rakabganj Road, New Delhi 110 001
Phone: 011 2462 4075
Address: Shop No. 24-A, Ground Floor, MGF Metropolis Mall, Near M.G. Road Metro Station, Gurugram, Haryana 122002
Phone: 0124 435 2500
Neerja Bhanot was an Indian model who worked for Pan American World Airways as well. She is the youngest recipient of India's highest gallantry award, the Ashok Chakra. She was shot on a Pan Am flight which was hijacked by terrorists while saving the passengers.
Ellen Church was the first ever woman to fly. She became the first flight attendant on May 15, 1930. She has been honored by Cresco by naming their airport Ellen Church Field (KCJJ).