A 12 Day Weather Experiment by BHU and NASA
Editorials News | Aug-09-2016
NASA, ISRO & scientists of Banaras Hindu University began a 12 day balloon observation campaign to study Tropopause Aerosol Layer in global climate. It is being conducted by the department of physics, in collaboration with National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL) of the department of space, Nasa Langley Research Center, US and CNRS, France.
"We are conducting an intensive observation campaign to study aerosol (particles found in atmosphere) layer at an altitude of 17 to 20 km (known as tropopause region) of the atmosphere using sensors attached to weather balloons. It will provide data to understand the role of tropopause aerosol layer in global climate" AK Singh, who is coordinating the campaign, said.
The campaign has started from August 4 to 15. Two scientists from NASA and two from NARL ISRO have arrived for conducting the observation.
- Learn About India – Maldives Relations
- The Smartest Animal In The World
- A Stitch in Time Saves Nine
- Mobile Games That Got Popular in 2020
- Animal Powers
- English Language as a Subject
- Gender Disparity is Another Section of Digital Divide
- Camouflage Mechanism In Animals
- Arrival of Mahatma Gandhi in India