A 12 Day Weather Experiment by BHU and NASA
Editorials News | Aug-09-2016
NASA, ISRO & scientists of Banaras Hindu University began a 12 day balloon observation campaign to study Tropopause Aerosol Layer in global climate. It is being conducted by the department of physics, in collaboration with National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL) of the department of space, Nasa Langley Research Center, US and CNRS, France.
"We are conducting an intensive observation campaign to study aerosol (particles found in atmosphere) layer at an altitude of 17 to 20 km (known as tropopause region) of the atmosphere using sensors attached to weather balloons. It will provide data to understand the role of tropopause aerosol layer in global climate" AK Singh, who is coordinating the campaign, said.
The campaign has started from August 4 to 15. Two scientists from NASA and two from NARL ISRO have arrived for conducting the observation.
- The History & Culture Of Indigenous Peoples
- Motivation Boosting
- Permission to Unplug: The Health Benefits of Yoga for Kids
- The Cultural Significance of Diwali: A Festival of Lights
- The Legacy of Steve Jobs
- Personality and Resilience: Coping with Adversity
- Benefits Of Writing Journals
- Gadgets for Productivity: Tools for Students
- Trade And Cultural Exchange Across Continents