Can India Achieve Its Sustainable Development Goals?
Education News | Mar-08-2021
Sustainable development is the goal for most countries, but the bigger question is if India will be able to achieve it. With the growing population and the ever-growing needs and wants the idea of sustainable development may seem extremely far-sighted. Though what most people miss is the fact that sustainable development starts small, it does not have to be on the largest scale possible. The small initiatives by the government and public such as solar panels, waste management plants, and planting rallies also contribute to the idea of a sustainable future of India.
- No poverty
- Zero hunger
- Gender equality
- Clean water and sanitation etc.
The above mentioned are some of the major goals that need to be achieved in order to have sustainable development. The Indian government has already started work towards achieving these. Some of the works that are already in progress are; seats for female candidates in educational as well as political scenarios, knowing the water supply standards of backward classes, building numerous toilets to be put in use for better sanitation conditions, etc.
To achieve the goals, the government launched many yojanas along with passing laws for a better India.
Some of these are -
- Swachh Bharat mission
- Beti Bacho Beti Padhao
- Pradhan Mantri AwasYojana
- Smart Cities
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri UjjwalaYojana etc
The Namami Gange mission 2005-2020 included most of the sanitation betterment plans for India. This also included the ‘clean Gange mission’ also known as the clean Ganga river.
It is estimated that by 2030 India should be able to achieve its sustainable goals. Because India being a large country with 2nd largest population it is difficult to attain the overall goals as fast as the smaller democracies but India is in the race of being sustainably developed.
By: Kanak Kotnala
Gaurs International School
- Traditional v/s Online Schooling
- Climate Change Affecting Endangered Species
- The Effect of Immigration on the Economy
- Effects of Online Learning on Primary Education
- Qualities Of A Good Student
- How To Improve Lungs Health
- Origin Of Hindi Language
- Impact Of Increasing Oil Prices On Indian Economy
- Free Education For All Students
- Growing Pollution In Rivers