E-learning is a learning system which teaches with the help of electronic resources. The main components of e-learning are electronic resources like laptops, computers, tablets and most important the internet.
Most Indian students have a habit of studying in physical classrooms where we meet our teachers and peers. E-learning is not that popular in India as compared to other foreign countries but COVID 19 pandemic situation caused a drastic change and e-learning got more importance.
Here are some advantages of e-learning
1) E-learning saves time and money as students can get online content. With online learning, learners can access content anywhere and anytime that too with their convenience. E-learning is also cost-effective as companies can save travel costs. No printing helps reduce wastage of paper.
2) Lectures can be taken any number of times as their recordings that can be viewed several times saving our time which we spend in making notes. Before the exam, these videos can be a brush-up revision as well.
3) Personalized learning is the best part of e-learning as students don’t have to follow the speed of other students and can learn with their own learning speed.
Here are some challenges faced in e-learning:
1) Students don’t feel motivated as among student’s, motivation is caused when they compete in a friendly way with their peers and try to do better than them.
2) Students get distracted by the other applications available on electronic devices like games, movies, songs etc.
3) Lack of social interaction is caused by e-learning as humans are social animals. They depend and learn things from their surroundings, the people around them.
We can’t give up! Let’s enjoy this e-learning face.
Delhi Public School, Greater Noida
Get latest education news, career guidance, skill development programs, training programs, webinar and contest information.
To get a download link of the FairGaze App on your email, please fill your email id below: