Effects Of Increased Screen Time On Eyes
Education News | Sep-16-2021
Screens are a part of everyone’s life these days. While there is growing evidence showing the negative effects of screen time on adults and children coronavirus pandemic is remaking the way children learn, and it could have an impact on their eyes. Due to this schools have also shifted from offline classes to online classes. Children are spending more time on computer screens due to this. More screen time and fewer outdoor activities can harm children's vision and lead to many eye diseases. Internet usage is at an all-time high, and Google Classroom, social media usage, and online gaming have also gone up tremendously. This is causing severe headaches in children. Many of are having weak eyesight due to this. Children are getting irritated due to eyes pain, headaches, etc.
After having so much screen time they are unable to study. Many of them are getting stress levels high. It is also affecting one’s sleep schedule. The strain from screen use can lead to visual disturbances and other physical discomforts, including tearing, gritty sensation, tired eyes, burning sensations, redness, blurred vision, and general eye fatigue. It can affect your vision, but it’s more of a comfort issue with an extended period’s device. Too much screen time can lead to obesity, sleep problems, chronic neck and back problems, depression, anxiety, and lower test scores in children. Too much time engaging in sedentary activity, such as playing video games or watching TV, can be a risk factor for obesity. At last, I would say that reduce the screen time as much as you can.
By: Bhavika Sabharwal
Tagore Senior Secondary School
- The Importance Of Physical Literacy In Modern Education
- The Silk Road: Traders Of The Ancient World
- The Role Of Drama Education In Developing Empathy & Social Skills
- Trade Tariffs & Economic Sanction
- Education Reforms In A Post-Pandemic World
- Modernization & Noise Pollution
- 3D Eye Scans Spot Early Parkinson’s Disease Sign
- The Role Of Virtual Reality In Enhancing Science Education
- Teaching Students About Student Loans & Debt Management
- Incorporating Philosophy Of Science In The Classroom