Ketogenic Diet: Good or Not?
Education News | Jul-19-2020
The Ketogenic diet is full of fat with low-carb and adequate-protein it is mainly used to treat hard-to-control epilepsy in children. It reduces carbohydrates and replaces it with fat. It reduces carb and puts the body into a metabolic state, This state is known as ketosis. This diet mainly turns fat into ketones in the liver that supply energy to the brain. This is incredibly efficient at burning fat and the main advantage of this diet that, it forces the body to burn fat rather than carbohydrates. The ketogenic diet has numerous health benefits. For the patient with a high sugar level, this diet is very beneficial because it causes a massive reduction in blood sugar and insulin level.
Here are 10 benefits of the ketogenic diet:
1. A low-carb diet reduces your appetite.
2. It leads to more weight loss at starting.
3. A very big part of fat loss comes from your abdominal cavity.
4. Triglycerides tend to drop drastically.
5. It increases the level of 'Good' HRD cholesterol.
6. It may help prevent cancer.
7. Lower blood pressure.
8. Effective against metabolic syndrome.
9. Improved 'Bad' LDL cholesterol levels.
10.Good formant Brain Disorder.
Like everything, this diet also has prons and cons. Nothing can be perfect, Some of them are listed below:
1. Fewer carbs in the body is not necessarily a good thing.
2. If your sugar level is good, It may be decreased and the body will not get enough sugar.
3. In some cases, it gives negative impact on heart health.
A Keto diet is good for some people for a certain amount of time. If you are planning to start keto diet firstly you should try it for a week only and you can carry this diet on if there are no side effects.
By - Aditya Raj Awasthi
Pinnacle National School
- The Impact Of Climate Change On Wildlife
- The Importance Of Physical Literacy In Modern Education
- The Silk Road: Traders Of The Ancient World
- The Role Of Drama Education In Developing Empathy & Social Skills
- Trade Tariffs & Economic Sanction
- Education Reforms In A Post-Pandemic World
- Modernization & Noise Pollution
- 3D Eye Scans Spot Early Parkinson’s Disease Sign
- The Role Of Virtual Reality In Enhancing Science Education
- Teaching Students About Student Loans & Debt Management