Use of Psychology in Our Daily Life
Education News | Jan-07-2021
It tries to elucidate a big selection of things involved in what we citizenry do. The principles explained by psychology give us a rational basis for understanding what we et al. do. Psychology has been defined in some ways. In ancient days people were analyzing the behavioural aspects of the idea of philosophy. They believed that there's a soul in every individual and this is often liable for all our activities.
This view led to the opinion that the topic matter of psychology must be the study of the soul. But this definition couldn't answer the questions regarding the existence of the soul and its accessibility for study. This condition led to a replacement definition by Greek philosophers who defined psychology as a ‘science of the mind’. But this definition was also rejected on equivalent grounds as the soul was rejected.
Later, Wilhelm Wundt a psychologist who established the primary psychological laboratory at the University of Leipzig in Germany defined psychology because of the study of consciousness. EB Titchener the disciple of Wundt, proposed the tactic of Introspection to review consciousness. But due to its subjectivity and unscientific method of study, this definition was also rejected.
Gradually, as a result of the event of scientific outlook people started thinking on the scientific basis and commenced to define psychology as a science of behaviour. Finally, it's JB Watson (1913) defined psychology as a science of the behaviour of humans also as animal beings. Hence, today the meaning given by JB Watson is admitted in its modified form as “Psychology is that the knowledge or science of the course of the organism and its mental methods”.
Birla School, Pilani
- The Importance Of Physical Literacy In Modern Education
- The Silk Road: Traders Of The Ancient World
- The Role Of Drama Education In Developing Empathy & Social Skills
- Trade Tariffs & Economic Sanction
- Education Reforms In A Post-Pandemic World
- Modernization & Noise Pollution
- 3D Eye Scans Spot Early Parkinson’s Disease Sign
- The Role Of Virtual Reality In Enhancing Science Education
- Teaching Students About Student Loans & Debt Management
- Incorporating Philosophy Of Science In The Classroom