5 Ways to Become the Best Parents
Editorials News | Jul-26-2017
Many a time it happens that the child wants to learn new skills but was denied because of family pressure. The children begin the school year with a new notebook and hope in their eyes to create a new world. The children wake up early in the morning and try to get to school a bit before the morning bell and start the year off on the right track.
However, gradually, the familiar patterns start to appear. The children sleep way past bedtime, waking up with just a few moments to spare because of the pressure they face. Their nights spent struggling over homework for hours, studying for tests left for the last minute, assignments forgotten, cliques and social politics.
Is it the something that you always wanted your child to be? Of course the answers will be a No. Don’t you feel the process is pushing the children to backward situations instead of forward?
Here are 5 ways that will help you to understand your child’s goal
1. Keep your eyes open: Whenever you notice something not right with the child try to find out the problem and make a conversation.
2. Be a good listener: Often, it happens that the parents try to instruct children instead of guiding them. However we should understand that sometimes the children do not looking for an advice but someone who can listen to their issues.
3. Develop a Working Relationship with Teachers: Many parents feel as if teachers are their opponents and don't realize the child’s need. So, it is good to reach out to your child’s teachers before your child reaches ‘zero hour.’
4. Let you child feel the freedom: the parents should consider that when children feel freedom they develop more skills and become self sufficient, they grow more confident in their abilities.
5. Improve children’s social skills- Guiding your child to be successful not just academically, but also socially will help them to explore the world in a positive way.
By: Priyanka Negi
- The History & Culture Of Indigenous Peoples
- Motivation Boosting
- Permission to Unplug: The Health Benefits of Yoga for Kids
- The Cultural Significance of Diwali: A Festival of Lights
- The Legacy of Steve Jobs
- Personality and Resilience: Coping with Adversity
- Benefits Of Writing Journals
- Gadgets for Productivity: Tools for Students
- Trade And Cultural Exchange Across Continents