6 Most Common Heart Disease Myths
Editorials News | Jan-09-2018
Heart diseases are one of the most common diseases that Indians usually suffer from. There are many misconceptions that surround everyone’s mind when it comes to a heart disease. Some of these are:
(i) Heart ailments are only a consequence of family history
Although family history plays an important role in this regard, but people largely suffer from heart ailments due to poor lifestyle and bad habits.
(ii) Every kind of fat badly affects our heart
Not all fats are bad for health. The artificially produced Trans fats affect our heart badly. There is no harm in consuming natural fats contained in cheese, eggs, avocados etc.
(iii) Chest Pain indicates a heart attack
There may be instances like that of a silent attack that is not accompanied by a chest pain. It has subtle symptoms like nausea, shortness of breath etc.
(iv) Diabetes doesn’t lead to heart attack if one is on medication
Despite being on proper medication for diabetes, a person may suffer from a heart disease if he wouldn’t keep cholesterol under control.
(v) Men are more prone to heart diseases
Men suffer more from heart diseases due to lack of physical activity than women. This doesn’t make women less vulnerable to it.
(vi) Young people do not suffer from heart diseases
There is no age for a heart disease. Some people suffer from it very early in life.
Hence, we all must stop believing these misconceptions and start visiting a doctor for a regular heart check-up.
By: Anuja Arora
- The Cultural Significance of Diwali: A Festival of Lights
- The Legacy of Steve Jobs
- Personality and Resilience: Coping with Adversity
- Benefits Of Writing Journals
- Gadgets for Productivity: Tools for Students
- Trade And Cultural Exchange Across Continents
- Role Of Nature vs. Nurture In Human Development
- Technology: Connecting People
- India and Bangladesh Jointly Inaugurate 3 Development Projects
- The Art Of Cooking: Nurturing Student Chef Talents