60,000 Schools Observed Black Day On Teachers’ Day
Editorials News | Sep-13-2018
Over 60,000 schools joined hands on Teachers day to protest against discriminatory policies against safety of teachers, principal and school management, according to an association of budget private schools. The maximum participation was observed from these states - Delhi, Rajasthan, Assam, MP, Nagaland, Bihar, Kashmir, Gujarat, Punjab, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Tamil Nadu etc. Many teachers and staff were wearing black ribbons; buses were seen with black flags, so as to mark the protest.
National Independent Schools Alliance (NISA), national federation of associations of budget private schools said that many people from the school staff including teachers and drivers were behind bars and there were shut down of a lot of schools due to safety. The protest demanded to reduce increased government intervention and proper investigation before penalty. Teachers are being put behind the bars or barred from their work as they are treated as criminals. Females have become a soft target.
Many such incidents have happened across country, said Thomas Antony, National Coordinator of NISA. This is causing people to hesitate while entering the teaching profession. The association along with its members has sent a representative to PM Narendra Modi so as to bring attention to the problem. They are expecting to bring to his notice the Teachers Safety Act and reform the education system which is becoming unsafe for the teachers, principals and the entire school management.
By: Neha Maheshwari
- G20 Summit In India :Agendas & Solution
- The Expansion Of 5G Infrastructure
- Plant Adaptations: Surviving In Diverse Environments
- The Impact Of Sports On Student Engagement In Schools
- Afghanistan Crisis & Refugee Resettlement
- The Role Of Museums In Preserving Art
- International Relations: US-China Relations
- Role Of Music Education In Cognitive & Academic Achievement
- Creative Writing Workshops In Schools: Cultivating Literary Expression
- Exploring Space Science Through Hands-On Activities