A Less Than a Second to Answer Complex Maths Problem
Editorials News | Nov-06-2017
A thirteen year old boy from Texas won a national level math competition of the year 2017. The answer of the problem was rooted into probabilities and also a dash of farming. The boy’s name is Luke Robitaille who took less than a second to create a buzz at the Raytheon Math counts National Competition with the correct answer.
The question asked to the teenager was “In a barn, 100 chicks sit peacefully in a circle. Suddenly, each chick randomly pecks the chick immediately to its left or right. What is the expected number of unpecked chicks?” Thus, one can see how challenging this math’s competition would have been. The contestants participating in this math competition can use only a pencil and paper and have got 45 seconds to solve word problems. Luke is a seventh grader from Euless, Texas and is home schooled. Luke will receive a $20,000 college scholarship and a trip to Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama.
By: Bhavna Sharma
- A Smooth Ride to Maturity
- Most Popular Apps in 2020
- The River That Meets Ocean But Do Not Mixes
- Who is Nirmala Sitharaman?
- Learn About India – Maldives Relations
- The Smartest Animal In The World
- A Stitch in Time Saves Nine
- Mobile Games That Got Popular in 2020
- Animal Powers