Aggression Among Youth
General News | Jul-09-2020
In our everyday life, there is an occasion where we can't control our emotions and out of anger many times we become violent and go to extremes. This brutal behavior is termed as Aggression, likely to happen between teenagers and children. Bullying is the most prevalent form of aggression. This behavior can be physical such as hitting or pushing others or verbal such as calling names and gossiping, it can be also done socially like spreading false rumors about a particular person through social media. When we're enlisted in this offensive attitude we may feel fractious and agitated and outset to behave aggressively on purpose such as getting revenge or provoking someone.
Expression of aggression is influenced by a number of factors such as
- Biological Factor- This factor depends on the gender of the person as men are more prone to physical aggression as for women, mostly they use verbal and social aggression.
- Environmental Factor- In this factor people who were raised at a place with witnessing more forms of aggression believe that such brutal or violent behavior is acceptable which changes the mentality of that person.
- Physical Factors- In this factor, any person with psychosis, alcohol abuse, drug use, and brain injuries or abnormalities are most likely to influence aggressive behavior.
Our aggressive behavior does not only harm the ones surround us but also our own health mentally and physically. We may encounter mental health conditions such as autism spectrum disorder, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, conduct disorder and etc. We can also experience some severe brain damages such as strokes, head injuries, certain infections, and illnesses. Causes of this behavior in children are poor relationship skills, underlying health conditions and stress, or frustration as teens yell during arguments, get into fights, and bully others.
This behavior can be treated if we can learn how to avoid frustrating situations by making changes to our lifestyle or career. We can also develop strategies for coping with frustrating situations. For example, we can learn how to communicate more openly and honestly, without becoming aggressive. Aggressive behavior rarely happens without a reason. Identifying the root causes of aggressive behavior can help you avoid situations that trigger them.
School: Ramjas School
- Career Advice for Board Aspirants
- Effect of Meditation and Yoga on Depression
- Test Championship 2021
- Self-Awareness in Today's Generation
- How to Choose the Right Career Path
- All About Sports
- Sports: A Way Of Change
- Learning a New Language
- Health & Fitness for Busy People
- The 5 Most Important E-Sports Events Of 2021