Burj Dubai - The Tallest Building In The World
General News | Aug-02-2020
Burj Khalifa’s construction started in 2004 and the exterior completed in five years in 2009. Burj Khalifa as a part of new development, ‘Downtown Dubai’ opened in 2010. The decision of Burj Khalifa totally depended on Govt. to diversify from an oil-based economy and to gain international recognition. Originally the building was named ‘Burj Dubai’. This breaks many records including the tallest building in the world.
The height of Burj Khalifa is 829.8 km and the total number of floors is 163. 4 people died in the construction of Burj Khalifa. Burj Khalifa is located in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. The address of Burj Khalifa is 1 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard.
• Tallest existing building in the world.
• Tallest structure ever built in the world.
• World's tallest free-standing building.
• Tallest skyscraper in the world.
• Building with the maximum number of floors in the world.
• Tallest skyscraper to top of the antenna in the world.
• Highest elevator installation situated inside a rod at the very top of the building.
• Longest travel distance elevator in the world which is 504 m.
• Highest vertical concrete pumping in the world which is 606 m.
• Tallest structure in the world that has residential space.
• Highest installation of an aluminum and glass façade in the world which is 512 m.
• Highest night club in the world on the 144th floor.
• Highest restaurant in the world on the 122nd floor at a height of 442 m.
• Highest New year display of fireworks in the world.
• Highest light and sound show staged on a single building in the world.
By: Aditya Raj Awasthi