Harmful Effects Of Junk Food
General News | Oct-11-2020
Though your children might like junk food because of the taste as we all find it tasty. But, Do you know! how junk food can have negative effects on them. Junk food has low nutrients and high calories. Processed and junk food lovers beware! There are severe negative repercussions to persistent junk food eating habits.
Mentioned below are some of the harmful effects of junk food
- Weight Gain: A negative effect of junk food on children is rapid weight gain. It leads to excessive weight and sometimes obesity. According to the 2010 Dietary Guidelines from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Junk food provides hundreds of calories per day for the typical American youth ages 2 to 18
- Type 2 Diabetes: Junk food increases the higher risk of type 2 diabetes in children. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, when you are not able to properly regulate your blood sugar level, Type 2 diabetes occurs. Your risk or chances increases when you are obese and your diet is high-glycemic carbohydrates. It may also increase your risk of kidney failure.
- Nutritional Deficiencies: Junk food often leads to nutritional deficiencies when you eat it instead of healthy foods with essential nutrients. Healthy meals and snacks provide essential nutrients such as vitamins and minerals.
- Cardiovascular Disease: Junk food often contains a high amount of saturated fat, which raises LDL cholesterol and may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease in children. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Junk foods having saturated fat include pizza, ice cream, processed meats, and full-fat cheese. High blood pressure is another risk factor for heart disease. The risk for Children increases for high blood pressure when eating salty junk food such as potato chips, French fries, pretzel
- Obesity: Junk food enthusiasts are prone to weight gain, especially when they eat this kind of food very often. The rich amount of fat and processed flour makes people unhealthier, the oil and grease that are used for fries, chips, donuts, and other deep-fried foods. Statistics show that people who eat junk food tend to accompany it with sodas and aerated drinks, which are either sugary or empty calories, and both increase a person’s tendency to put on weight.
- Lethargy: Junk food tends to bring down an individual's energy level and make them lethargic because they are enriched with carbohydrates that spike blood sugar levels. When people eat junk food, they often feel lulled into a stupor, feel sleepy, and are less inclined to be active and alert.
By- Sakshi Bhardwaj
- India Hosting AFC 2022 Asian Women Cup
- Different Rules and Compositions of Photography
- How To Have Sportsmanship Even If You Lose A Match?
- Technology with Education
- Understanding Sports
- Helping Children Achieve Goal Clarity
- Australian Bushfire: Climate Change
- Difference Between Football & Soccer
- Teacher Student Relationship
- National Collegiate Athletic Association Supports Sports Talent in Students.