Waste Management: Convert the Waste to Wealth
Assistant Editor25 Mar, 2020
In waste management, solid waste is treated and recycled so that ash can be used as a valuable resource. Everyone around the world has to adapt the process of waste management including household and business owners. Waste management is the process of disposal of products that we use effectively.
Developments in waste management
A technological approach to solid-waste management began to develop within the latter a part of the 19th century. Watertight garbage cans were first introduced within us, and sturdier vehicles were wont to collect and transport wastes. A significant development in solid-waste treatment and disposal practices was marked by the development of the primary refuse incinerator in England in 1874. By the start of the 20th century, 15 percent of major American cities were incinerating solid waste. Even then, however, most of the most important cities were still using primitive disposal methods like open dumping ashore or in water.
Various Methods of Waste Disposal
Dumping daily waste and garbage into landfills is one of the most commonly used disposal methods nowadays. There is also another process of waste disposal that is burning. This process eliminates the odours and dangers of waste before it's placed into the bottom. Landfill waste management is a common phenomenon used around the world, especially due to the increased number of wastes from our homes, schools, offices, and markets. Some landfills are well designed as part of an integrated waste management system.
This is one of the methods used by municipal solid wastes which are burned at high temperatures and were converted to the residue and gaseous products. This method is a great advantage as it reduces the quality of soil waste to 20% - 30% of the first volume and decreases the space that they occupy and also reduces the strains on landfills.
Plasma gasification is an upcoming technology that processes landfill waste to extract commodity recyclables and it converts carbon-based materials into fuels. Plasma gasification one of the multi-stage processes that start with feed inputs varying from waste to coal to plant matter, and also consist of hazardous wastes. Lighting is also a sort of plasma process that produces temperatures that exceed 12,600 °F.
This is one of the easy and natural bio-degradable management processes which have organic wastes like the remaining plants, garden, and kitchen waste is turned out to nutrient-rich food for your plants. This process is used for organic farming by permitting organic materials to settle in one place for months until microbes get decomposed. Compositing is one of the simplest methods of waste disposal as it converts organic products to safe compost. But it also has an advantage as it takes a lot of time.
- Scrutinizing The Solar System: New Mission Of NASA And ESA
- Tuberculosis: A Global Health Problem
- Securing the Future for our Future...!
- World Environment Day 2019
- Organ Donation: You Can’t Take Them With You, So Save A Life, Pass It On!!
- How Much Was The India’s Mars Mission Justified
- The Top Medical Exams in India
- The top 10 Engineering Exams in India
- Web Developer: Spinning Webs That Connects The World
- Know Interesting Facts about Marine Engineering?
- Geneticist: Decoding the Genetic Code of Life
- Aviation: Wings of Fire
- Be An Expert In Forensics
- Achieve Success in Polymer Engineering
- Petroleum Engineer: Another Avenue in Engineering
- Automobiles Engineer: One Must Learn About This Too
- Biotechnologist: A New Wave Career
- Biomedical Researcher
- Architecture: From the Pyramids to Fountainhead
- Know About Electronic Engineering