Parenting can be a little tough in the digital era because the internet and the devices that encompass our day-to-day life can lead to negative development patterns in kids when not utilized properly. Here are some tips to get through parenting in digital age:
- Set Rules and Boundaries: When children have their digital devices always, it can kind of hamper the development of social interaction with others. So, it is best that you make some time for the devices and the internet. Do not allow them to use devices at the dining table, in the park, while you are at a gathering with family and friends, etc.
- Jump into Positive Things: Do not get all negative about the digital devices used by your kid. If used in the right manner, they can help with the kid's development. Try to use them for positive experiences like educational videos or talking to a family member who lives far away.
- Make Use of Parental Controls: Most of the devices, apps and games come with an inbuilt parental control. Make good use of them.
- Communicate: There is nothing better than communication when it comes to device control. Talk to them about both the positives and negatives, tell them why it is important to use it but in a controlled manner.
- Keep up with the Current Technology: It is essential that you keep up with all the latest trends like apps, devices, etc. so as to make sure you know what your kids are exposed to.
By: Neha Maheshwari