Role of Mathematics in Our Daily Life
Education News | Nov-02-2020
Mathematics makes our life orderly and prevents chaos. Mathematics is also the power of our reasoning, creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving ability. Those abilities need essential mathematical skills. That's why learning and understanding maths is very crucial, and we should adequately understand it in our learning age. At least basic knowledge of maths is essential because maths is there in our daily life. For example:
When we go outside shopping, we need maths to understand the price, weight, height, size, etc.
We need maths to keep track of our savings and other financial expenses.
While cooking, we need mathematics for measuring the ingredients.
While doing paint, we need mathematics to know the proportions of mixing colors when we need to make a custom color.
While buying a house we need maths to know differences of square feet to understand what size of the house or room will suit best to our requirements.
Maths is also used for fitness. With the proper knowledge of maths, we understand the quantity and need of food in our life, while working out we can calculate how much calories we lost and what exercises we need to stay fit, etc.
Maths help with Interior Designing as well, when the designer sees the area, he measures it and tells us how the specific thing gets fitted along with the height and width.
So, we can see that maths is used in our lives in many ways, so it's vital that we correctly understand it and learn it in the best way. Now I would like to conclude with the well-known Human Calculator Shakuntala Devi:
"Without mathematics, there's nothing you can do. Everything around you is mathematics. Everything around you is numbers."
Delhi Public School, Gautam Buddh Nagar
- The Impact Of Climate Change On Wildlife
- The Importance Of Physical Literacy In Modern Education
- The Silk Road: Traders Of The Ancient World
- The Role Of Drama Education In Developing Empathy & Social Skills
- Trade Tariffs & Economic Sanction
- Education Reforms In A Post-Pandemic World
- Modernization & Noise Pollution
- 3D Eye Scans Spot Early Parkinson’s Disease Sign
- The Role Of Virtual Reality In Enhancing Science Education
- Teaching Students About Student Loans & Debt Management