Virtual V/S Real Mode of Education
Education News | Sep-19-2020
The Covid-19 pandemic situation is, no doubt, an unprecedented situation that has caught us unawares. The world might have stopped in its tracks, but schools and colleges are on the fast track to education. Needless to say, it is possible only because of technology.
Technology has changed our life very much in the 21st century and has taken it to a new level. No aspect of life has been left untouched by technology. During the Covid-19 pandemic, devices such as laptops, smartphones, and computers are playing a decisive role in our routine, especially in studies. Various online platforms like Zoom and Google Meet are being used to go about online education.
Although online learning has come up as a panacea during these times, it cannot be preferred over classroom teaching. The real mode of education i.e. classrooms, provide room for children to socialize with each other, which somewhere lacks in these virtual classes. For accessing digital education, there are two key resources that a student requires - One is a communication device such as a laptop or a desktop computer and the second is a high-speed internet connection. But every student may not have access to these resources. Thus, creating unequal access to education. Not only this, everyone may not feel comfortable in the synchronous way of learning, leading to less participation of the child during online classes. It is more vulnerable to hackers. Moreover, it harms our health as well. Prolonged exposure to screens is not at all good for our eyes and causes a lot of radiation.
However, the Ministry of Education has come out with the PRAGYATA guidelines on digital education to mitigate the impact of the pandemic on student’s studies. If schools adhere to it properly, then the effect of online education could be lessened to a great extent.
Ramjas School RK Puram
- The Importance Of Physical Literacy In Modern Education
- The Silk Road: Traders Of The Ancient World
- The Role Of Drama Education In Developing Empathy & Social Skills
- Trade Tariffs & Economic Sanction
- Education Reforms In A Post-Pandemic World
- Modernization & Noise Pollution
- 3D Eye Scans Spot Early Parkinson’s Disease Sign
- The Role Of Virtual Reality In Enhancing Science Education
- Teaching Students About Student Loans & Debt Management
- Incorporating Philosophy Of Science In The Classroom