Why Co-curricular Activities Are Important?
Education News | Oct-16-2020
What are the Co-Curricular Activities?
Co-curricular activities are those activities which students do along with academic studies. These activities supplement academics and help in learning. They also help students to develop problem-solving, critical thinking, creative thinking, communication, and other abilities.
Some schools have compulsory co-curricular activities like music, art and drama classes that take place during the day. Other ways are voluntary in which students participate.
Why are co-curricular activities important?
Such activities are very important for the overall development of students. In both cases discussed above, participation helps students in developing social skills, confidence and their overall personality. This is why the importance of co-curricular activities is very much. These activities also help in the students' future and some activities also tend up to be their hobbies and sometimes even their occupation or future work. These days, there are hundreds of options for the students to choose which include indoor and outdoor activities, scientific and technological activities, environmental activities, personality development activities, creative interests etc. Some of these activities include: -
- Coding (robotics, app designing etc.)
- Drawing or painting
- Dance and drama
- Sports like football, badminton etc.
- Workshops and debates by the students on various thought-provoking topics like pollution.
These activities play a vital role in relaxing students and relieving stress. Such activities end up helping the students with their academic studies as when practised regularly, these activities prevent exam fear which is very common among students of all ages. Thus, the importance of co-curricular activities should not be ignored and every student should pick one activity as per their interest and practice it regularly by heart.
Written by- Toshani Mehra
Delhi Public School, Greater Noida
- Newton’s Law Of Universal Gravitational
- Bharat Ratna- The Highest Civilian Award
- Extraction Of Minerals
- How did Covid-19 affect the economy of India?
- Contribution Of Pythagoras
- The Rise Of Hitler
- Importance Of Chambers Of Human Heart
- Farmer’s Protest And Its Impact On Economy
- Necessity Of Menstrual Health Awareness
- Should Schools Be Teaching Social-Emotional Skills?