How To Manage Child Violence?
General News | Aug-12-2020
There are two types of violence experienced by children. Child maltreatment by parents and caregivers in children age 0-14 years, and violence occurring in community settings among adolescents aged 15-18 years.
Child maltreatment by parents and caregivers can be prevented by:
• Providing training to parents on child development.
• Reducing unintended pregnancies.
• Providing home visitation services by professional nurses and social workers to families where children are at high risk of maltreatment.
• By spreading awareness in parents and children.
• By checking and verifying about the caregiver who you will be hiring.
Violence involving children in community settings can be prevented through:
• Life skills training.
• Preschool enrichment programs.
• Assisting high-risk children to complete schooling.
This issue is overall the planet. It is destroying not just the present but also affecting the future of children. It tortures children physically, sexually, mentally, and emotionally also. It leads to many health problems like depression, anxiety, panic disorders, and post-traumatic disorders. Many children also try to attempt suicide.
WHO supports the countries to collect data and information related to violent children, develop national violence prevention policies and programs, and create systems for the provision of appropriate medico-legal care and emergency trauma care.
We all should spread awareness and follow every measure to reduce this life-threatening issue. Also, there are many NGOs and organizations that work for the betterment of and to protect them from these tortures. The helpline number for children in India and the world's largest 24-hour telephonic helpline service that is accessible to anyone calling on 1048. It works for children in distress across the country.
By: Milan Thakur
- World Records - Why Do Athletes Keep Breaking Them
- The Wonderful Habit Of Reading
- India's Love For Cricket
- Communication: The Art Required In Every Sphere Of Life
- An Apple A Day Keeps Doctor Away
- Significance Of Confidence In Sports
- Most Popular Sports By Country
- Your Favorite Freedom Fighters
- Facts About Judo
- How To Know You Are On The Right Path