Khelo India Scheme
General News | Mar-30-2021
The Government of India announced the Khelo India Scheme in 2017 on the 20th of September. Khelo India was proposed in 2017 which has been started on 31 January 2018. It will be the responsibility of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sport to fully manage this scheme. Initiating 'Khelo India' to encourage sports and sportspersons in the country, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that there is no dearth of sports talent in the country. The government wants to support such players.
Through this scheme, the government will provide excellent facilities to all those athletes who want to get out of poor families and make their future in sports. The main goal of the government is not just to promote athletes, but to spread the importance of sports throughout the country.
1. This scheme will raise the level of the game.
2. 1000 players will be selected under this scheme and they will be given a scholarship of up to 5 lakhs in 8 years.
3. Under this scheme, a multi-disciplinary hall including athletics track hockey, and football ground swimming pool will be constructed in the rural areas of the district very soon.
4. Under this program, about 200 million children in the age group of ten to eighteen years will be included in the National Physical Fitness Campaign.
This scheme is being created to encourage sports in poor and backward areas. This will not only focus on the physical fitness of the children but will also support fitness-related activities. This scheme will help those players who, despite having the ability, are left behind due to a lack of money or resources. With its help, women will also be encouraged in sports.
By: Akshit Sharma
- India Hosting AFC 2022 Asian Women Cup
- Different Rules and Compositions of Photography
- How To Have Sportsmanship Even If You Lose A Match?
- Technology with Education
- Understanding Sports
- Helping Children Achieve Goal Clarity
- Australian Bushfire: Climate Change
- Difference Between Football & Soccer
- Teacher Student Relationship
- National Collegiate Athletic Association Supports Sports Talent in Students.