Reason Behind The End Of Mughal Dynasty
General News | Jul-10-2020
The Mughal dynasty comes under medieval Indian History. The period of the Mughal dynasty start in 1526 with the accession of Babur and ended with the death of Aurangzeb in 1707. In Indian history end of this era is marked when Aurangzeb died. At this time the Mughal empire was largest in India and the emperor fall apart within fifty years of his death.
There are many reasons for the decline and are listed below:
1. War of succession: Due to the fight between brothers for the throne when any ruler died which leads the politics to be weaker especially after Aurangzeb.
2. Aurangzeb’s Policies: Aurangzeb did not realize that empire depended on the willing support of its people. Rajputs contributed greatly to strengthening the empire and he lost their support also.
3. Weak Successors of Aurangzeb: The absence of a strong ruler and a capable army had made the Mughal Empire weak. The weak successors of Aurangzeb were the victims of conniving and scheming.
4. Empty Treasury due to frequent wars: Due to frequent wars between sons of the ruler for the throne and lavish lifestyle of Mughal treasury was empty as the time passed
5. Invasions: Foreign invasions sapped the remaining strength of the Mughals and hastened the process of decline. when Nadin Shah and Ahmad Shah Abdali entered the Mughal dynasty it resulted in drainage of wealth.
6. Rise in Feudalism: Rise in Feudalism started bargaining with Mughals for military support.
7. New technology weapons of the British: Complete lack of new technology gave an advantage to the rival groups. Britishers were armed with new aged weapons and Mughals were using their old ones.
There was not only one reason was behind the decline of the Mughal dynasty there were many.
By: Aditya Raj Awasthi
School: Pinnacle National School
- World Records - Why Do Athletes Keep Breaking Them
- The Wonderful Habit Of Reading
- India's Love For Cricket
- Communication: The Art Required In Every Sphere Of Life
- An Apple A Day Keeps Doctor Away
- Significance Of Confidence In Sports
- Most Popular Sports By Country
- Your Favorite Freedom Fighters
- Facts About Judo
- How To Know You Are On The Right Path