Education if imparted in a proper manner isn’t that boring and is filled with some interesting elements. But need not to worry as in our schools we learn a lot of cool things too. Like for example do you remember the time when you made a working model of an exploding volcano, or when we had spent hours understanding about those electric circuits only? Well, considering all it’s not that boring.
Here are 1o amazingly interesting facts related to education from all around the world which will make you look at schools and education with a new perspective.
• Did you know that the largest school in the world on basis of student’s strength is in the City Lucknow, India which is Montessori School with strength of more than 32,000 students.
• Another fact states that the students in China are given the most amount homework in the world.
• Pakistan government does not give its children a legal right to consume free education. Only young children between the ages of 5 and 9 years are entitled to do compulsory education.
• Children in the country of Germany are provided with special cones called as Schultüte, which are filled with pens, books, pencils and snacks. This makes the students all he more excited to go to the school.
• World's oldest school is present in Canterbury, England. The school which is named as The King's School was founded in 597 AD and it is still up-to-date with best quality equipment and supplies and also provides great quality of modern education.
• It’s the rule in Japan that Kids are left the most independent there. They travel to their school alone and also clean their classrooms on their own.
• You will be amazed to know that the smallest school in the world, situated in Turin has only one student studying there.
• Finland has the rule that kids there do not start their school until the age of 7 years, which is yet one of the oldest ages to start schooling around the world.
• Iran is the only country where girls and boys gain their education separately until the time they reach their college.
• Highest school in the world is situated in Phumachangtang, Tibet, which is at a height of 5,373 metres above sea level.
By: Prerana Sharma
Get latest education news, career guidance, skill development programs, training programs, webinar and contest information.
To get a download link of the FairGaze App on your email, please fill your email id below: