2016 Year of Super Moons
Editorials News | Nov-22-2016
The year of 2016 has come up with lots of surprises but our sky has become much brighter with the existence of super-moons. Super moon refer to an unusually large and bright moon. This year the first super moon stepped on October 16, and the second on November 14. As per the scientists during the super moon not only the moon be at its full size but it will be at its closest point to our planet as it orbits Earth.
The super moon has become famous and popular in last years and refers more broadly as full moon that is closer to Earth than average. The scientists said super moon is the modern name that is given to the moon by the Astrologers. Usually, when the moon becomes full or within 90% of its closest approach to Earth then it’s refer to super moon.
The scientists have revealed why is the moon closer to Earth at some times but not others? The researchers have explained that as the moon’s orbit is oval, one side (perigee) is about 30,000 miles (50,000 km) closer to Earth than the other (apogee).
- Most Popular Apps in 2020
- The River That Meets Ocean But Do Not Mixes
- Who is Nirmala Sitharaman?
- Learn About India – Maldives Relations
- The Smartest Animal In The World
- A Stitch in Time Saves Nine
- Mobile Games That Got Popular in 2020
- Animal Powers
- English Language as a Subject