5 Historical Places to Visit in India
Editorials News | Nov-14-2020
India is a diverse country where people from different backgrounds, religions and cultures live together happily. But India wasn’t always a happy country. Wars took place between several dynasties and a lot of bloodsheds caused. All such things are a part of history. To show pride and wealth, rulers made several buildings, statues, forts, palaces and other historical importance.
Some historical places to visit in India are: -
1) Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh: One of the seven wonders of the world, this fort was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in 1632 for his wife Mumtaz Mahal. It is a complete white marble structure which represents Mughal architecture and history.
2) Jallianwala Bagh, Amritsar, Punjab: This historical place in Punjab was built by Benjamin Polk in 1951. It had a deep history because of the Jallianwala Bagh massacre caused in the year 1919.
3) Sanchi Stupa, Sanchi, Madhya Pradesh: This great stupa is made of sandstone and is located in the Buddhist site of Sanchi in Madhya Pradesh. It was built by Mauryan emperor Ashoka in the third century.
4) Ellora caves, Maharashtra: Built by the uncle of Rashtrakuta chief Dantidurga, Krishna I, these caves are located in Aurangabad, Maharashtra. These caves are one of the famous Hindu, Jain and Buddhist cave temples which the Mughals tried to destroy.
5) Red Fort, Delhi: House of the Mughals, this fort made up of red sandstone is the place from which our prime minister addresses us on independence day. Its architecture is a mix of Islamic, Hindi, Timurid and Persian architectural styles.
These were just some historical places in India out of hundreds!
Delhi Public School, Greater Noida
- Napoleon Bonaparte- First Consul Of France
- Coronavirus & Human Genetics: Why Do Cases of Covid Vary?
- Global Warming: Problems and Solutions
- Do Students Still Use Newspapers For Research?
- Influence of Covid on the Education System
- How To Limit Screen Time?
- Three Ways Of Getting Rid Of Mental Toxins
- Energy Crises during Study
- How to Stand Apart against the Competition in School?
- Is Animal Abuse Acceptable?