5 Things We Need To Know About New Google Classrooms
Editorials News | Jul-30-2018
Google announced some changes to Google Classroom at the end of June. The changes won't be updates until fall. Here are 5 things you need to know about it:
- New Tabs and Organization: The tabs: stream, students and about will change to stream, classwork and people. The stream will be used for announcement and posts. Classwork will be used by teachers to create assignments, topics etc.
- About Tab Is Going Away: Okay, It is not going completely but will lose its significance. It will now be seen in the bottom right header. About tab can now be used as a go-to to find common websites and files that are used in class. It is all going to change with the new features.
- Better Use of Topics: The new look will be based upon dividing the page of the Classroom section by topics. This will help students in segregating their material. You will not only be able to divide your posts by topic but would reorder Classwork page by topic.
- Only Assignment Page Will Have Done/Not Done: In the current version, teachers can check in the stream how many students have "Done" or "Not Done" an assignment. But with the new version, the teachers would have to click the assignment to access this feature.
- New Class Settings Page: This new page will have features such as adding class name, description, section, time etc. You can also set post restrictions and preference for showing deleted items.
By: Neha Maheshwari
- Children Working In Hazardous Factories
- Jugaad Mentality: Opportunity or Threat to India?
- Partition Of The Province Of Bengal 1905
- Disadvantages Of Landslide
- Harmful Effects Of Pesticides
- Sun Temple & Its History
- Child Marriage In India
- Religion And Environmentalism
- Harmful Effects Of Water Pollution
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Globalization