5 Tips to Enhance Creativity and Productivity
Editorials News | Feb-27-2018
Here are some helpful tips to boost your creativity and productivity at the same time:
- Create a state of psychological distance: Ever wondered why you get some of the most productive ideas at some of the most unusual time, like in the shower or probably riding in a cab. This is called psychological distance. Our mind will think more creatively when you are actually not around the problem anymore.
- Wait for the peak hours: Not all people are highly productive in the morning and similarly not all people are able to work efficiently in the evening, therefore, it is important that you find the time when you are at your most efficient.
- Place yourself in creativity-boosting constraints: Having some constraints like deciding on what factors to work on etc. is useful but you should not restrict yourself too much. The key is to find that sweet spot so that you are able to achieve your best.
- Create for a Neurochemical Balance: Serotonin and Dopamine are essential neurochemical that can help in boosting productivity. And their killers are stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline. So, it is important to indulge in stress reducing exercises such as meditation, exercise etc.
- Use tools for your network of thoughts: When you are thinking about a thousand creative ideas at the same time, it is crucial that you are able to map them all correctly so as to get them straightened out. The technique of mind mapping can be a useful for this process.
By: Neha Maheshwari
- Artificial Intelligence Taking Over Jobs
- Bird Flu in India, and its Cons
- Pros and Cons of Junk Food
- How Should we Treat Depressed Children?
- Why is Mental Health Important?
- National Policy on Education 2020
- Population Explosion in India
- Affects of Rising Prices- Inflation
- The Role of Women in Industry
- Importance of Reinventing Yourselves