5 Tips to Enhance Creativity and Productivity
Editorials News | Feb-27-2018
Here are some helpful tips to boost your creativity and productivity at the same time:
- Create a state of psychological distance: Ever wondered why you get some of the most productive ideas at some of the most unusual time, like in the shower or probably riding in a cab. This is called psychological distance. Our mind will think more creatively when you are actually not around the problem anymore.
- Wait for the peak hours: Not all people are highly productive in the morning and similarly not all people are able to work efficiently in the evening, therefore, it is important that you find the time when you are at your most efficient.
- Place yourself in creativity-boosting constraints: Having some constraints like deciding on what factors to work on etc. is useful but you should not restrict yourself too much. The key is to find that sweet spot so that you are able to achieve your best.
- Create for a Neurochemical Balance: Serotonin and Dopamine are essential neurochemical that can help in boosting productivity. And their killers are stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline. So, it is important to indulge in stress reducing exercises such as meditation, exercise etc.
- Use tools for your network of thoughts: When you are thinking about a thousand creative ideas at the same time, it is crucial that you are able to map them all correctly so as to get them straightened out. The technique of mind mapping can be a useful for this process.
By: Neha Maheshwari
- The History & Culture Of Indigenous Peoples
- Motivation Boosting
- Permission to Unplug: The Health Benefits of Yoga for Kids
- The Cultural Significance of Diwali: A Festival of Lights
- The Legacy of Steve Jobs
- Personality and Resilience: Coping with Adversity
- Benefits Of Writing Journals
- Gadgets for Productivity: Tools for Students
- Trade And Cultural Exchange Across Continents