A Noble Start To A Fit Tomorrow
Editorials News | Mar-14-2018
You must have probably heard your grandparents recalling their day when they had to walk 5-7 miles for school or probably they could eat one full-sized hen. To some extent though these stories seems to be exaggerated but most of it are true.
Even sometimes back in the 20th-century, kids probably were unaware of kurkure, funflips, hullygully, chips, cheese balls, o-yes, kinder joy, nachos and the similar. I do agree that all these time pass snacks were gradually introduced in the late 90s. But kids of today are growing up with burgers, pizzas, pastries, hot dogs, maggi and various other carbonated drinks.
The outcome is heading towards an obese generation with India securing the second major country with obese children population. Children these days lead a morbid life and remain glued to the virtual world, be it smartphones, television or computers while the playgrounds are left vacant.
Parents find it difficult these days as children are not willing to go out and play and specially girls exempt from sports at a very tender age. Overweight and obesity predispose towards a sedentary adulthood triggering a zillion of lifestyle diseases.
In such a context, engaging children with co-curricular activities of their choice and giving their a plethora of options ranging between indoor and outdoor games along with a bouquet of art and craft activities to choose from would be perfect enough to keep them a busy bee.
By: Subrata Dey
- How To Limit Screen Time?
- Three Ways Of Getting Rid Of Mental Toxins
- Energy Crises during Study
- How to Stand Apart against the Competition in School?
- Is Animal Abuse Acceptable?
- Electronic Devices & Their Influence on Child Development
- How Optimism Influences Your Immunity?
- Can History Repeat Itself?
- Impartiality towards the Indian lower class during the Pandemic
- Is Global Warming A Cause of Skin Cancer?