Akharas Declining on a Sad Note
Editorials News | Apr-03-2017
With the number of advanced gymnasiums rising in the country, the fate of the Akharas lies in distress. About 30 years back, Akharas used to bustle with crowd who came there to remain fit and build a tough body and personality.
Akharas today have ended up with just the economically weak individuals coming there to stay fit. For Pahalwani, one of the main elements of the diet is the milk and these individuals are not able to afford it. With the introduction of capsules and such steroids, which give results quite early, the glory and charm of Akharas are on a decline.
Unlike the gyms today which mainly focus on good looks, the main motive of going to an Akhara used to be fitness.
Content Source- kushtiwrestling.blogspot.in
- The Cultural Significance of Diwali: A Festival of Lights
- The Legacy of Steve Jobs
- Personality and Resilience: Coping with Adversity
- Benefits Of Writing Journals
- Gadgets for Productivity: Tools for Students
- Trade And Cultural Exchange Across Continents
- Role Of Nature vs. Nurture In Human Development
- Technology: Connecting People
- India and Bangladesh Jointly Inaugurate 3 Development Projects
- The Art Of Cooking: Nurturing Student Chef Talents