Amal Dutta: India’s First Ever Professional Football Coach
Editorials News | Jan-05-2017
Amal Dutta is a known name in the history of best football coaches. However, this is unfortunate that his talent and genius as a coach were never acknowledged. India’s first ever professional coach was recognized as a large hearted and a finest thinker of the game in India. He died in Kolkata on July 10, the day of the Euro 2016 final at the age of 87.
At the young age of sixteen, Amal refused to work as a government servant and gave up his job in the Indian Railways in the early 1960s. Amal took a bold step to pursue his dreams further and became a full-time football coach. In the early 1960s, the income from football was not enough. However, he expected proper payment as he survived on his football coaching skills.
Moreover, he was rough with authorities, be it either the All India Football Federation or the Indian Football Association (IFA). Amal’s outspoken attitude made his tenure barely for a year in 1987-88.
- Age Well, Think Well: Nurturing Brain Health as We Age
- Mood Matters: Insights into Mood Disorders and Treatment
- Exploring the Relationship between Diet, Nutrients, and Immune Function
- Exploring the Fascinating World of Plant Science
- Examining Its Effects on Global Development
- Strategies for Encouraging Political Participation and Activism
- Art Market Trends: Analysis of Auctions, Galleries, and Collectors
- Examining Themes of Existence, Freedom, and Absurdity
- Legal Implications, Digital Citizenship, and Responsible Online Behavior
- Cultural Impact of Major Sporting Events: Case Studies and Analysis
Most popular news
- The Law Of Equivalent Exchange
- Essay On Issues And Challenges Of Rural Development In India
- Srinivasa Ramanujan And His Inventions
- The Youth Is The Hope Of Our Future!
- Poverty In India: Facts, Causes, Effects And Solutions
- Top 20 Outdoor Games In India
- Festivals Of India: Unity In Diversity
- Role Of Women In Society
- The Impact Of Peer Pressure On Students' Academic Performance
- Books As Companion