Asteroid is coming!
Editorials News | Jan-27-2018
The scientists have confirmed that this asteroid 2002 AJ129 won’t be harming earth. It’s going to cross the earth from very nearby on 4th Feb, 2018. The asteroid will be 10 times closer than the distance between earth and moon.
This asteroid is named as ‘potentially hazardous’. NASA gave this to the asteroid because of its size, which is 460 feet large in diameter that gets closer than 4.65 million miles. Paul Chodas, manager of the Centre for Near-Earth-Object Studies at NASA's said that they are following that asteroid and its orbit for 14 years and they have calculated that it has no chance to collide with earth. The estimated size of the asteroid is 0.3 to 0.75 miles. There was an asteroid; size of a car came for 0.09 times distance from earth to moon, flew closely from the earth on 19th January. Almost every day larger than 2002 AJ129 closely passes by from Earth. Asteroid Florence passed Earth on 1st September, 2017 within about 4.4 million miles. Whereas on 2nd October, 2017, another asteroidknown as 2017 SX17passed within 54,100 miles. Though, all space rockets are not to be feared off.
By: Srishti Sharma
- The Emergence Of Jainism And Sikhism In Indian History
- Lunar Rocks
- Examining The Role Of News & Information In Society
- The History & Culture Of Indigenous Peoples
- Motivation Boosting
- Permission to Unplug: The Health Benefits of Yoga for Kids
- The Cultural Significance of Diwali: A Festival of Lights
- The Legacy of Steve Jobs
- Personality and Resilience: Coping with Adversity