Beach Wrestling is really a Fun Based Sport
Editorials News | Aug-21-2017
United World Wrestling (UWW) which was previously known as FILA (Fédération Internationale des Luttes Associées) had codified the form of beach wrestling. The codification of beach wrestling was done in the year 2004. Beach Wrestling takes into account participation of both male and female genders.
It is a form of standing wrestling done by wrestlers inside a sand-filled circle that measures 7 meters in diameter (23ft). Beach Wrestling is known to be the oldest version of international competitive wrestling. Originally the style copied the rules which were used before the use and availability of wrestling mats. The wrestlers wear swimsuits rather than going for special wrestling uniforms. They can also wear spandex or athletic shorts.
UWW modified the international rules in 2015. The current rules permit wrestlers to score points by takedowns, pushing their opponent out of bounds and even bringing the opponent down to their back. Beach Wrestling is performed in Annual World Beach Wrestling Championships, Youth Olympic Games, Asian Games, Down Under Games and Mediterranean Games.
By: Bhavna Sharma
- The Emergence Of Jainism And Sikhism In Indian History
- Lunar Rocks
- Examining The Role Of News & Information In Society
- The History & Culture Of Indigenous Peoples
- Motivation Boosting
- Permission to Unplug: The Health Benefits of Yoga for Kids
- The Cultural Significance of Diwali: A Festival of Lights
- The Legacy of Steve Jobs
- Personality and Resilience: Coping with Adversity