Deadly Hot Springs in Yellow Stone National Park
Editorials News | Jun-21-2017
On June 13, a 21-year-old employee at the Yellowstone National Park, who fell into a hot spring there, got severely burnt. Yellowstone's thermal features are dangerous. We continually stress that people must stay on trails and boardwalks in geyser basins, not only to protect resources, but for their own safety stated superintendent Dan Wenk.
The astounding geothermal features of Yellowstone National Park are due to the massive super-volcano underneath. There are 10,000 geysers in this national park accounting to half of the world’s known geysers.
The unworldly, bubbling cauldrons of superheated springs tangled with green, red and yellow bacteria are visited by some 3 million people every year.
However, these most intriguing attractions of the park are also some of the deadliest. The Outside magazine reported that at least 22 people have lost their lives since the park’s inauguration after voluntarily entering or accidently slipping into these deadly pools.
The composition and pressure of the underground water here indicate that the park’s hot springs are roiling with superheated water. These regularly surpass the boiling point at the elevation, which is 92 degree Celsius. The hottest temperature recorded here was 237 degree Celsius.
- Age Well, Think Well: Nurturing Brain Health as We Age
- Mood Matters: Insights into Mood Disorders and Treatment
- Exploring the Relationship between Diet, Nutrients, and Immune Function
- Exploring the Fascinating World of Plant Science
- Examining Its Effects on Global Development
- Strategies for Encouraging Political Participation and Activism
- Art Market Trends: Analysis of Auctions, Galleries, and Collectors
- Examining Themes of Existence, Freedom, and Absurdity
- Legal Implications, Digital Citizenship, and Responsible Online Behavior
- Cultural Impact of Major Sporting Events: Case Studies and Analysis
Most popular news
- The Law Of Equivalent Exchange
- Essay On Issues And Challenges Of Rural Development In India
- Srinivasa Ramanujan And His Inventions
- The Youth Is The Hope Of Our Future!
- Poverty In India: Facts, Causes, Effects And Solutions
- Top 20 Outdoor Games In India
- Festivals Of India: Unity In Diversity
- Role Of Women In Society
- The Impact Of Peer Pressure On Students' Academic Performance
- Books As Companion